Player Selection Process: Players are expected to attend one talent ID camp to be considered for selection. Alternative arrangements may be made by the coaching staff at their discretion. Further details to be confirmed. (TBC)
Men’s Regional Talent ID Camps: planned for:
Toronto, ON or areas based on player interest
Dates & Times – late Sept/ mid Oct – or when COVID protocol allows us to train in a particular province
Talent ID Camp Fee – will cover facility, coach honorarium, administration, miscellaneous costs. TBC
- Interested players are requested to complete and submit form by 31 July MEN’s Indoor EOI
Men’s National Training options:
- Location based on players, facility availability, coaching requirements, domestic tournament entries, etc. TBC
Additional costs to consider: The Masters Indoor teams are self funded. If selected to play at the MIWC, the individual/shared costs will include: airfare/travel, accommodation, tournament entry fees, facilities rental, uniforms, coaching honorarium/costs, food. Depending on where a player is traveling from, we suggest to budget between $1300 – $2500.
**Eligibility for MIWC: Players having expressed interest as above, received more details and decided they wish to be considered for selection, must:
- Be aged 40 and over as of 31 Dec 2022;
- Be a registered member of Field Hockey Canada in good standing with a provincial organization and a Field Hockey Canada member club;
- Must register with FHC’s on-line database;
- Not be under suspension or sanction by Field Hockey Canada or Sport Canada for any doping or doping related offence;
- Hold or be eligible to hold a Canadian Passport or have been a permanent resident of Canada for twelve (12) months;
- Commit to sign any applicable Athlete Agreement as required by Field Hockey Canada;
- Be eligible under current regulations and not have played for another country’s International Masters team in a WMH/ FIH competition in the previous twelve (12) months.
An amazing opportunity awaits. Whatever your indoor experience – we want those with the desire to play – or who want to find out more about the masters indoor program – to submit the form.
Masters Indoor Committee